Coconut oil has been an age-old remedy for all kinds of hair matters. From dandruff to dry hair, it is a one-stop way which is used for all issues of the hair. It conditions hair and improves the health of not only the cuticles but also the scalp because of its antibacterial, antimicrobial, and emollient properties.
Coconut oil also has penetrative properties, which make it a perfect ingredient for hair protection. Due to the oil’s ability to manage most hair problems, it is an efficient strategy for hair fall as well.
Below are the different ways in which healthy. Coconut oil is widely used as a superfood. Az a result, coconut oil might have positive impact on your health, such as brain function, boosting fat loss and heart health.
Here are 10 health benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is high in MCTs, and also this is a type of fat which helps your body to metabolize variously than most other fats so we can say that MCTs are perfect for many of the health benefits of coconut oil.
MCTs can increase the number of calories burned over 24 hours by as much as 5% in different parts of research among other oil.
The MCTs in coconut oil can increase the blood concentration of ketone bodies, which can help reduce seizures in children with epilepsy.
Most studies suggest that MCTs can raise blood levels of ketones, potentially relieving Alzheimer’s symptoms.
Several populations around the world have thrived for generations eating a substantial amount of coconut, and studies show they have good heart health.
studies have explained that coconut oil can increase blood levels of HDL (good) cholesterol, which is linked to improved metabolic health and a lower risk of heart disease.
Using coconut oil as a mouthwash may prevent mouth infections, but more evidence is needed.
People can apply coconut oil to their skin, teeth, and hair. Researchers believe that it works as a skin moisturizer, improves oral health, and protects against skin damage.
MCTs can significantly reduce appetite, which may help to reduced body weight over the long term.
The fatty acid can reduce appetite and increase fat burning, it may also help you lose weight.
How to use coconut oil
Use coconut oil for Cooking
Coconut oil is so nice for cooking because almost 90% of its fatty acids are saturated, making it extremely suitable at high temperatures.
Coconut oil is semi-solid at room temperature and melts at 76°F (24°C). So, it can be kept in a cupboard, rather than the refrigerator, to keep it pliable.
During the colder months, it may be very solid and hard to scoop out of the container. This can be easy by whipping it with an electric mixer or in a blender.
Here are three cooking ideas:
- Baking: Use it to coat poultry or meat before rubbing with seasonings.
- Popcorn: Drizzle melted it on air-popped popcorn or try it in this stove-top popcorn recipe.
- stir-frying: Use 1–2 tablespoons of it to cook vegetables, eggs, meat, or fish.
Use coconut oil in Recipes
Coconut oil can be substituted for oil or butter in a 1:1 ratio in most recipes.
Be certain to let cold ingredients like eggs or milk come to room temperature before blending it in, so it mixes in smoothly instead of clumping.
It’s best to melt it and add to smoothies and protein shakes gradually.
Here are three recipes that use coconut oil:
- Stir Zucchini, Squash, and Onions.
- Coconut Chicken Thai Curry.
- Strawberry and Coconut Oil Smoothie.
Add coconut oil to Coffee or Tea
Another way to take this oil is in coffee or tea. Aim for a small amount – about a teaspoon or two.
Below is a quick tea recipe featuring coconut oil.
Recipe of Cocoa Chai Tea
- Chai tea bag (herbal or regular).
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 tablespoon cream or half and half.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Stevia or another sweetener, to taste.
To have this, pour boiling water over the tea bag and let it steep for 2–3 minutes. Remove the teabag, add the remaining ingredients and stir till it will be well mixed.
How to use coconut oil for hair benefits?
How does Coconut Oil help Hair Loss Treatment?
Coconut oil is used to make medicine and also other healthy products. Coconut oil has been an age-old remedy for all kinds of hair problems.
From dandruff to dry hair, it is a one-stop solution for all issues of the hair.
1) Strengthens the Roots
Coconut oil makes a perfect process for maintaining the health of your scalp.
2) Prevents Hygric Fatigue
Coconut oil contains oily nature seals in the required moisture in your hair shaft while keeping excess external moisture out.
3) Prevents Protein Loss
Coconut oil penetrates deep into your hair shaft and keeps the protein locked in so coconut oil can help prevent protein loss.
4) Provides Nourishment
Coconut oil keeps your hair well-nourished. It gets rid of dandruff and promotes hair growth, making your hair look thick and healthy.
5) Moisture Retention
The oil keeps your hair from getting dehydrated. It is a great natural conditioner that keeps the moisture in your hair locked in.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Growth?
1) Deep Conditioning with Coconut Oil
For this purpose, You Will Also Need:
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A shower caps
- A comb
- Wash your hair with shampoo. Skip conditioning.
- Heat the coconut oil by placing it in a bowl and then letting the bowl sit in a bigger one that has hot water.
- Once your hair is completely dry, apply coconut oil to your hair and massage it into your scalp.
- Comb your hair to ensure that the coconut oil has coated every strand and then put your hair up.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it sit for 45 minutes to an hour. You can also leave it in overnight.
- Rinse with shampoo and condition. Instead of conditioning, you can also apply a tiny bit of the oil to the ends of your hair post-wash.
2) Detangle Your Hair with Coconut Oil
For having that, You Will Need
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl so that it melts.
- Once it is at room temperature, apply a tiny amount to the tips of your hair.
- Start detangling your hair with your comb.
3) Battle Dandruff with Coconut Oil
For this purpose, You Will Need
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil until it has melted.
- At night, on a freshly washed and dried scalp, start massaging the coconut oil.
- Once you have covered your entire scalp, wrap your head in a towel and go to sleep.
- Wash off the oil with shampoo and condition.
4) Use Coconut Oil as A Base for Hair Color
For doing that, You Will Need
- Plastic mixing bowl
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Box hair dye (with the developer)
- Plastic mixing bowl
- Melt the coconut oil and coat your hair with it liberally. Comb your hair out for even coverage.
- Mix the colorant and developer in the mixing bowl.
- Apply the colorant mixture over your oiled hair and let it sit for the recommended amount of time.
- Wash off with shampoo.
- Once your hair is dry, wrap your head in a towel to let it color further set. Sleep with the towel on.
5) Coconut Oil to Protect Hair from Sun Damage
For doing this, You Will Need
- A spray bottles
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Mix the coconut oil in a spray bottle filled with water.
- Shake the bottle and spritz it over your hair.
- Comb your hair out for even coverage.
- You can use this spritz multiple times throughout the day. The oil will protect your hair from sun damage.
Which Type of Coconut Oil shall we choose?
We can have Coconut oil through dry or wet processing.
- For wet processing, coconut oil is had from raw coconut meat to make virgin coconut oil. This helps keep the coconut scent and results in a lower smoke point.
- For Dry processing involves drying coconut meat to make kernels, pressing them to extract the oil, then bleaching them. This process forms refined coconut oil, which has a more neutral scent and higher smoke point.
While refined coconut oil might be better suited for cooking at high temperatures, virgin coconut oil is a better choice in terms of skin health. Not only does most of the existing research focus specifically on the effects of virgin coconut oil, but there’s also sign that it may have added health effects.
There is an animal study that found that virgin coconut oil improved antioxidant status and increased ability to neutralize disease-causing free radicals, compared to refined coconut oil. Another study explains that virgin coconut oil had a greater number of inflammation-reducing antioxidants, as well as an improved ability to fight free radicals, compared to refined coconut oil.
The conclusion of these studies indicates that virgin coconut oil may be more effective than refined coconut oil at preventing oxidation and neutralizing free radicals, which can damage cells and lead to inflammation and disease.
- It helps to protect the skin.
- It smooths skin.
- It minimizes the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It calms temporary redness.
- It provides antioxidants.
But coconut oil contains a type of fat that can increase cholesterol levels. So, people should avoid eating coconut oil in excess. Coconut oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when used as a medicine short-term. Taking coconut oil in doses of 10 mL two or three times daily for up to 12 weeks seems to be safe.
Use coconut oil on your face much like you would use any night cream. Liquefy 1 tablespoon of coconut oil by rubbing it gently between your hands. The liquefied oil will have a silky, light texture. Smooth onto your face and neck.
The fatty acids are about 90% saturated. But coconut oil is perhaps most unique for its high content of the saturated fat lauric acid, which makes up around 40% of its total fat content. This makes coconut oil highly resistant to oxidation at high heat.
In terms of health impacts, it is better to cook with olive oil. Compared to a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of coconut oil contains about six times the amount of saturated fat.